Happy 2015! I sincerely hope your year is prosperous and filled with love, joy and success. For New Year’s Eve, it is a family tradition to have dinner together and watch the ball drop. Unfortunately since this year I am not living with my parents and have a baby, we arrived late, the baby cried for most of dinner, and my sister accidentally flipped to the wrong channel so we missed the New York Countdown. But it’s okay, because we still had a good time together.
This post is about the makeup I wore for the evening, and here is a shot.
And here is a close-up of the eyes:
This look may seem a bit complicated but honestly, it’s just a boatload of blending, blending, and more blending.
The details are centered mainly on the eyes, but if anybody is interested about what products I used on my face, I used Revlon’s Colorstay foundation, Anastasia’s Contour Kit to contour, The Balm’s Mary Lou-Manizer for a highlight, and a mixture of Tarte’s Captivating and Blushing Bride on my cheeks. On my brows, I use all Anastasia Beverly Hills products. I have a brow tutorial here.
1. I started with Peach Smoothie by Makeup Geek with a fluff blending brush. (If you haven’t checked out Makeup Geek, they are such an affordable brand with luxury-feeling products. They have a wide array of colors, all packed with pigment and color, and the wear time is incredible, with no patchy-ness or chalky-ness in any of their shadows.) I use this as a transition color daily. Sorry for that rant! I pick up a bit of this shade and place it right above the crease area. I don’t have much of a defined crease or lid space, so just above where my orbital bone it. This will help the colors transition and blend seamlessly.
2. I then took Semi-Sweet from Too Faced’s Chocolate Bar palette into the crease with a tapered blending brush.
3. After that, I placed Verve from Naked 2 on the inner half of the lid, and lastly, I deepened up the crease with a mixture of mostly Busted and a hint of Blackout.
4. Then, I popped a bit of Bootycall as a brow bone highlight.
5. For eyeliner, I created a flicked out wing with Stila’s Stay All Day liquid liner, and coated my lashes with Urban Decay’s Cannonball mascara and YSL’s Babydoll mascara.
6. I lined my lips with NYX Mauve lip liner and dabbed Maybelline’s Creamy Matte lipstick in Touch of Spice over top.
7. Lastly, I sealed the entire look with Urban Decay’s De-slick setting spray and I headed out the door!
For more looks and makeup details, follow my IG: @stay.beautifful! Let me know you’re following and I will follow you as well!
I hope everybody is enjoying their New Year’s Day, and you all enjoy the new year! Cheers and take care 🙂