So I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Anna from The Annamated Life! Anna is an inspirational pilates instructor, a lover of beauty and fitness as well as a loving mommy and wife. She is of course an amazing blogger as well, so check out her blog! 🙂 I can relate with her on many of those aspects, so I love reading her posts. Thanks so much for nominating me!!
1. Show the award on your blog.
2. Thank the person who nominated you.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 blogs.
5. Link your nominee’s blogs & let them know.
>Seven Random Facts
1. I have an adorable six month old baby named Alaska Rose, her name comes from the Aleut meaning “that which the sea breaks against”, and i thought that was beautiful because it is similar to the land (like Alaska, the state), something that is strong, and still, even through waves that crash upon it. She’s the love of my life. *heart eyes*
2. I am an author of two books, Checkmate! and Knight. I published Checkmate when I was sixteen and in high school, and the sequel, Knight was published right before I turned eighteen, in my first year of college. Here’s my author Facebook page in case you are interested. I have been so busy with becoming a new mom that I’ve put novelling on the back burner, so being able to blog little posts when I have time is so refreshing for me. I absolutely love to write. I started writing storybooks in elementary school and my mom would save notebook after notebook for me. I’m sure they’re around in her house somewhere. Through my books, I have been asked to read to elementary schools, hold a book signing at a local library, as well as coming to a writer’s club to speak to aspiring novelists.
3. Sushi is my all-time favorite food.
4. Teal is my favorite color, and has been ever since I could remember. My furniture as a child was teal, and I loved staring at it. I will always carry something around that is teal. Right now, it’s my phone case.
5. Since I am a writer, I am obviously a word person, so words make a very big difference to me. I save all the love letter my boyfriend has written me over the years in my wallet because I think there’s such an art to taking the time to write out a letter, and being able to read that letter, personalized in their own unique handwriting.
6. I am a Marketing associate for a writing company, and I post on and run all of their social media platforms 5 days a week as well as the job to sending out two newsletters a month to our 6,000+ subscribers. I love working from home as it gives me the ability to breastfeed my little one and not have to commute. I also love everybody I work with, as they are great employees and coworkers.
7. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to really build and start my Youtube channel. I plan on investing in a good camera (if you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments!) and learn a bit of basic editing skills. I enjoy making videos and have a few up already, but I want to create a schedule and stick with it!
>My 15 Nominations