Hi everybody! I had some events earlier in the day and just created a soft smokey eye, but since I am also going out for dinner in the evening time, I decided to amp up my look a little by using some brown, taupe-y, purple tones in the crease.
Here’s the entire look:
And here’s a few close-up shots of the eyes:
1. I started by moisturizing my face with the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream and patting Tarte’s Eye Brightening Cream on my undereyes.
2. I then concealed with Maybelline’ Instant Age Rewind concealer, spot concealed with NARS creamy concealer, and used Loreal’s True Match foundation all over my face and blended it down onto my neck with an F80 Flat Kabuki brush from Sigma Beauty. I set this with Maybelline’s Dream Matte powder and I set my under eyes with the Banana shade from the Anastasia Contour Kit. For my contour, I used Fawn and Havana from the Contour Kit, and for blush, I mixed Captivating and Blushing Bride, both are Tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12-hour blushes. I also highlighted with The Balm’s Mary Lou-Manizer on my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and my cupid’s bow.
3. Then, I applied Anastasia Beverly Hill’s Brow Powder in Dark Brown with their #7 brush and their Dipbrow Pomade with a #12 brush. I set this with Anastasia’s Clear Brow Gel.
4. After my brows, I moved onto my eyes. I applied Mac’s Paint Pot in Soft Ochre so my shadows would last all day. (It’s the best!) and applied a small piece of tape to each of my eyes, following my lower lash line up. I use the tape before applying shadows so it creates a perfect, precise line as you can see in the pictures.
5. I used Creme Brulee from Makeup Geek as my transition shade, and applied that right above the crease. Then, I used the darker shade from NARS’ eyeshadow duo in Cordura and applied that into my crease, blending it out with Semi-Sweet from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. I deepened it up by adding more and more brown, and that ashy dark brown from the eyeshadow duo. Then, I applied Haute Chocolate onto the middle/outer half of the lid, and added Marzipan onto the inner half of the lid and the inner corner.
6. For my lower lash line, I added that Semi-Sweet color, blended in with Triple Fudge, both from the Chocolate Bar Palette. I lined my waterline with Tarte’s SmolderEYES pencil in a shimmering bronze color.
7. I lined my eyes with Stila’s Stay All Day liquid liner and tightlined with Make Up Forever’s Aqua Eyes in Black.
8. I then curled my lashes with the Tweezerman curler and applied a Tarte lash primer, Urban Decay’s Cannonball mascara, then YSL’s Babydoll.
9. For my lips, I moisturized them with Fresh’s Sugar Lip Treatment and lined them with NYX’s Mauve lip liner, and added Clinique’s Almost Lipstick in Black Honey over top. I wanted a glossier finish, so I dapped NARS’ Orgasm to the center of the lips.
10. Lastly, I gave my whole face a few spritzes of Urban Decay’s de-slick setting spray and I was good to go!
Thanks for tuning in for this quick makeup look, and I hope you have an amazing rest of your day! 🙂