Hey guys! So, recently, I’ve realized since around November with my sister’s, mom’s, my boyfriend’s as well as my own birthday (yes, I know. D:) and all the holidays, that I’ve been spending an excessive amount of money on presents, both for others and for myself. I’m definitely not going to try and blame this on anybody else because I definitely burnt a hole in my pocket with those delicious holiday gift sets. *heart eyes* But anyway, one of my New Year’s resolutions was to start saving more, and buying only what I really want to try and/or review.
So I decided to add some things to this “wishlist” to just compile and organize everything together. This isn’t a list of things I’m going to go out and purchase anytime soon at all, it’s mainly just for fun and to share my thoughts on each product. Maybe if you guys have tried them or heard anything about them good or bad, you could let me know! 🙂
- First up is Laneige’s Water Bank Gel Cream ($32) I’ve heard such great things about this, especially for dry skin throughout the winter. I got a mini sample of Laneige’s Water Sleeping Mask and loved the feel and consistency of it, so I bet this product will be just as good. I’m excited to try more from their line.
- Next is NARS’ Blush Bronzer Duo ($25) in Orgasm and Laguna. I know Orgasm is a cult favorite, I think I even heard it once in a rap song. And Laguna is known to be an outstanding bronzer as well, and I love a good bronzer, so to try them both out would be great.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO Acne Treatment ($36.95) is next up on my list. Do product names just come up with these random words to make themselves sound fancy? Anywho, I read a blog post, I forget whom but they were talking about how dramatically their skin has changed due to the use of this product consistently. I don’t have a serious acne issue, but they do flame up due to hormones, and I have a lot of redness and acne scarring around my nose especially, and would love if it would disappear for good. If anybody has any suggestions, please do leave them down below!
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Barbara ($32.00) This tan rose color is absolutely beautiful, and I have heard people rave about the lustrous pigmentation and lasting power that is the Audacious lippies. I have yet to get my hands on them because if you haven’t seen the price tag- it ain’t cheap! It’s so much more than I would spend on anything- that’s like a whole meal for 2 there! But I really want to try out at least one, and I would love to review it for you guys! So hopefully sometime soon 🙂
- Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Powder ($11.99) I just finished a review for the Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation which will be up shortly, but I am interested in trying the powder out, as well as the setting spray! I haven’t heard much about the powder, but I am in need of a new one. I have been using Maybelline’s Dream Matte powder for so long and I found out recently it’s discontinued! I was pretty bummed out, but that’s okay because it gives me a chance to branch out and try some new products.
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette ($46.00) I know I won’t be picking this up anytime soon, but I wanted to add it anyway. I love the Anastasia Contour Kit but I feel like sometimes the colors don’t go so well with my skin tone. I know they have individual refills, but it’s so hard telling your shade online and all of that. This looks like a universally flattering shade combination of contour and highlight shades, and I would love to give it a try!
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush ($35.00) This is a product I’ve had my eye on for the longest time. I tried it on at Sephora and I was taken aback as to how beautiful and radiant my skin looked- I know this phrase is overplayed, but it really looked like I was glowing from within! I loved it, until I looked at the price. Thirty-six bucks for a blush? It just seemed outrageous to me, but on the way home, I couldn’t stop looking at my cheeks in the car mirror (in the passenger’s seat, of course) and how the light caught the reflection and it was just so so stunning. This is definitely a product I would splurge on if I could! I love the shade “Luminous Flush”.
- NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita ($26.00) Here’s another NARS lippie I’ve heard great things about and have been dying to try! It’s so beautiful. I swatched it in store and it looked great on my hand and on my lips.. and in my purse, and on the drive home… (unfortunately that last half was just a fantasy), but I love that color! I’m so into that nude-mauve trend right now. Ugh, God forbid I say her name but hey- I’ve loved that shade and color family way before it blew up on Instagram.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer ($28.00) I love this bronzer so much! It’s the perfect contouring shade for me. It’s so blendable, buildable and easy to apply on the skin. It doesn’t look too dark, too orange, it looks like a real shadow cast which is what you normally want to go for in a contouring shade. I really love it. I’ve tried out a sample size I received and I really am enjoying it. I hope to get the full box size soon!
- Tarte Tarteist Clay Liner ($24.00) This is a really new and unique innovation. It’s a clay liner packaged in a tube, and comes with a point liner brush for application. I’ve seen some video/picture tutorials on this and I have to say, I’m impressed! I really want to try this out. I think it’s set at a reasonable price as well, seeing as many Tarte brushes go for $20 something alone.
- Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette ($49.00) I’ve been ogling at this palette as soon as the first picture came out. At first I was telling myself I didn’t need it because I have the original Chocolate Bar palette, but I have come to realize the palettes aren’t that similar. Yes, there is one or two repeats, but the palette overall is warmer in tone, and has darker crease shades that I know I would use and love. So I’m definitely debating on it!
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette ($54.00) Here is another palette I’ve been eyeing. I’ve held back only because I’m worried about how the shadows will show up on my skin tone. I’ve heard reviews about how some people didn’t like the way the rose gold shades looked on their skin, so I don’t know how that will play out. I’m also not a big rose gold/pink toned eyeshadow wearer, so I don’t know how much I would use this palette, but I do think it’s beautiful, and who knows? Maybe one day I will take the plunge, and it will be a holy grail item!
- Becca Ombre Nudes Palette ($40.00) This neutral palette is magnificent. I’ve seen swatches and- oh my. The pigmentation appears divine, and the colors are like a Naked Basics palette on steroids. I never cared for the Naked Basics palettes, I thought the colors were leaning too much on the paler end of the spectrum, and I gravitate towards those dark, warm brown-y, ash-y tones. So this seems absolutely perfect! I may actually purchase it from Ulta with my points. Can you believe I’m almost at 1000 points? Yikes. Too much money spent at one place, that’s for sure.
That’s it for now. Again, these are just things I’ve had my eye on. I most likely will not be purchase all of these, but it was just fun to compile all these things together, and maybe we’ve been eyeing the same thing. Let me know if we have, or if you’ve tried anything on the list!
That’s all for now, I’ll be back for another post very soon! Thanks so much for tuning in, and I will catch you later!
*Disclaimer: There are no affiliate links in this post, nor was it sponsored. All thoughts and opinions are my own. 🙂