Hey everybody! Happy Monday! I’m starting the week off by highlighting some of my absolute favorite face brushes that I have been loving so far. I haven’t been adding too many new products into my daily makeup routine for a good few months, and I really like the products I’m using at the moment for every area of my face. I hope to keep this post short and concise, but ha, when does that ever happen?
Here’s a picture of how my makeup usually turns out on a daily basis. I always try to go for a soft smokey eye, darker on the outer corner, brighter on the inner corners, and the intensity of smoke depends on my mood or how I want it to look. Sometimes it’s mainly browns and taupes, but recently I have been adding in some black or purple tones some days. For the rest of the face, I try to keep everything quite minimal. I do like a strong contour though, and I try to rosy up my cheeks with some blush, and normally a mauve/pink lip. For foundation, I like a medium amount of coverage, but enough to hide any blemishes or red spots. And brows of course- well, they speak for themselves. I like them to be thick and full, opposite of what they truly are. Shh.
So here are the products I’ve really been enjoying.
- Benefit Porefessional- I use this to mattify my t-zone and to reduce some pores. it keeps me matte and I like the feel of it. I’ve been using it for about two years now and love it!
- L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation- I have a review for this coming soon and I love it! It’s new to the drugstore and gives me such an airbrushed, clean look to my skin and it feels so airy and lightweight its unbelievable.
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Neutralizer- This is the best under eye concealer hands down! It cancels out all under eye bags or circles and I set it with the Banana shade from Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Contour Kit.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder- This product is unfortunately discontinued but I love it- it gives my skin a wonderful matte look and adds a bit of coverage- just what I need to set my foundation for the whole day.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder (Dark Brown), Dipbrow Pomade (Ebony), Brow Wiz (Dark Brown) and Clear Brow Gel- These are the essentials of my brow game. I use them with Anastasia’s #7 and #12 brushes, and they’ve revolutionized my brow game. I have a brow tutorial here!
- MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre- I use this to prime my lids every single day. It’s a cream product and it makes my eyeshadows go on so smoothly, and it makes them last all day. It would probably last for several days if I wanted it to!
- MakeupGeek eyeshadow single in Creme Brulee- This is my holy grail transition shade. It’s the perfect shade for my NC25-30 skintone and blends beautiful. The pigmentation is just perfect, and it helps my crease shadows blend effortlessly.
- Urban Decay Naked 1&2 Palettes- Urban Decay shadows can do no wrong, let me tell you. I use these palettes interchangeably in the mornings and they are must haves for me. The shadows blend so well and I love the shimmer shadows for my inner corners.
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette- I have to say it was my most loved palette for the past six or so months. I love it so much. The shadows are beautiful, it smells like chocolate, and they’re all shades I use! For brushes, I can’t live without the Sigma E35 and Morphe MB23 for applying outer V and crease shades, and E55 for applying shadow onto the lid. I use the E30 for my lower lash line, and the E70 to highlight underneath my brow bone with a shimmery shade.
- Anastasia Contour Kit- I love this kit to contour with. The shades are very universal, and there are different tones if you want a light contour or an extreme one, or you can mix them together to create unique shades. It comes with highlighting shades too, so you can really transform your face with this palette. I think it’s great for the value and I’ve been using it daily since I got it. I use the NARS Ita brush with this kit every day and it’s the perfect brush.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes- I discovered these blushes in 2014 (better late than never!) and I’m obsessed with Captivating and Exposed. They really do last forever and give my cheeks such a nice flush. I use the Sigma F40 angled blush brush to apply it, and it’s the perfect size for my cheekbones.
- The Balm’s Mary Lou-Manizer- This highlight is out of this world! It’s so pigmented, blends beautifully and it looks so stunning on tops of your cheekbones. I haven’t used another highlighter since I’ve gotten it. I even got a trial size of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector- I like this one more! I use the Sigma F35 for highlight, and I just apply it in a C-motion from my cheekbones up to my temples and it gives the perfect glow.
- Tweezerman Eyelash Curler- I have been using the Shu Uemera curler, but I didn’t like it after a while, so I picked this one up from Ulta and I’ve been loving it! With the primer and mascaras I use, the whole combination have been doing wonders for my lashes. It keeps my lashes curled until I take my makeup off.
- Lancome Faux Cils Primer- I love this lash primer! Tarte has one too that works almost as well, and I put it on everyday before my mascara, and it really lengthens my lashes.
- Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara- I put this on right after the primer, this is an extremely waterproof mascara and so it holds a curl like crazy. I apply it to hold up my lashes so well and gives them length too.
- YSL Babydoll Mascara- I apply this one after my Cannonball, and it adds length as well as volume. I love it so much. I discovered it towards the end of 2014, and it holds my lashes so well.
- MAC Brave- I discovered this lipstick lately but ever since, I have been wearing it every single day. I have a review for it on my blog- and I love it! It’s such a nice warm pink tone that matches every eye look.
- NYX Mauve lip liner- I use this to line my lips with pretty much every lip product I put on before. It’s a few shades darker than my natural lip color and adds such a nice mauve tone.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua liner in black- I use this to tightline every day and it lasts all day. It goes on so creamy and it’s such an intense black.
- Tarte Skinny Smoldereyes liner in Bronze Agate- I use this on my waterline everyday. I always like to smoke out my lower lash line and I love to line it with this bronze shade. It’s not as intense as the Make Up For Ever black liner, but it’s dark enough to add a smokey-ness to the look that brings out my brown eyes and the shadows.
I new it wasn’t going to be quick. But that’s okay, I would rather have it be detailed and informative! I really hope this post helped some of you and maybe opened your eyes to some new great products to try, or maybe some you just haven’t loved in a while!
Let me know if any of these products are your favorites as well, and I will catch you all very soon with a new post!